Tuesday

Introduction

For an assignment in my introductory WRTC (Writing, Rhetoric, and Technical Communication) course at James Madison University, my class had to create something for the purpose of discussing the program or an issue within the major. In response to this request, I decided to make a blog for the first time in my life. While I could go on with a interesting anecdote about the time I decided to begin a writing/editing career then go into further detail about why WRTC is right for me, I figured that I would focus more so on a topic that interested me. I wanted you, the reader, to actually learn something. Thus, I decided to focus on technology. The phenomena of technology surrounds us and impacts every single career out there, especially in the writing field. Over the next few weeks, I will be adding resources and commenting on different theories of this issue. Different controversies I will discuss include how technology helps within this field, the strengths and weaknesses of both hard copy editing and on-screen editing, whether or not technology will go as far to replace editors/writers, and what the community thinks of these issues. Upon reading this blog, you should have a rounded-out perspective on the role of technology and the WRTC field.

No comments:

Post a Comment